Super Last Minute Costumes
Have a Halloween party to go to tonight? I know we do. But as someone with very little time to build a costume, I have become a pro at brainstorming very easy, cute costumes over the years. Here are some ideas you can throw together in a pinch.
- Recycle an old costume + zombie make-up. This year, I’ll be going as “Elizabeth Bennet: Zombie Hunter” from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Easy way to revamp my old Lizze Bennet costume for a different (nerdy) crowd.
- Porcelain Doll. Your prettiest vintage dress and accessories, ringlets and white cream make-up.
- Your mom in high school. Do you look like your mom back in the day? In high school I borrowed my mom’s prom dress, flipped my hair our (circa the ’70s) and I looked like a spitting image of her way back when.
- Lumber Jill. Plaid, Boots, Axe, Suspenders.
- Your Wii Mii Chracter. Long sleeved plain colored shirt, white pants (leggings or sweats), walk around and be super happy and animated.
- A girl from a Hair Ad. Have great hair? Really blow it out big, dress in your most over the top dress and carry a bottle of shampoo. Constantly flip your hair or swing it around.
- Decade girl. Totally classic and fun. Pick out your favorite vintage outfit from your closet and style yourself as the decade it comes from.
Vintage photo courtesy of Maclancy.