A Cotton & Brass Holiday: The Ornaments
At Cotton & Brass we love nothing more than beautiful simplicity. While we all share some things in common, we are still 4 girls, with 4 individual senses of style. As an exercise this year, we took 2 simple concepts and each made it our own.
The first was a plain clear glass ornament. We each picked some up (I found mine at Target in a pack of 9) and filled them with whatever we pleased. Some of us couldn’t stop with just one.
Ideas for Clear Glass Ornaments:
- Fill with bits of nature (pinecones, pine, sticks, feathers, dried flowers, etc.)
- Cut shapes out of colored felt
- Fill your ornament with glitter (glitter makes everything better)
- Stuff a length of tinsel in the ornament (depending on how much you put in there, you get different effects)
- Fill the ornament with lace or patterned fabric.
- Gently roll up a small photograph and insert it into the ornament (not pictured)
- Don’t forget about the outside of the ornament. Wrap ribbon around the glass or around the top to add some color.
- The top of the ornament is another opportunity to make it special. Rather than a typical wire hook, try twill tape, lace, glittery string, fabric, rope (plain cotton or the colored nylon type), chain, etc.
All photos property of Cotton & Brass and Christa Kimble Photography.
If you would like to share these, please credit Cotton & Brass.