Recipe Box – Cookie Party
Cookie parties are to winter as BBQ’s are to Summer. Whip up this basic cookie dough, gather up your friends and their favorite cookie fillings, and forget about the dreary weather outside.
We did four cookie variations:
* Chai Spice & Toasted Walnut
* Milk Chocolate Chip and Crushed Peppermint
* Cinnamon topped with Sugar Crystals
* Toasted Pecan Chunks, Shredded Coconut, and Butterscotch Chips
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt
3. In a large bowl, cream together melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy. Beat in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until fluffy. Mix in the sifted ingredients.
4. Divide the dough for each guest. Guests add whatever fillings they would like. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 12 to 17 minutes or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheet for a while before transferring to wire racks.