Recipe Box – Pistachio Bundt Cake
Food coloring is something I usually stay far away from. Even my red velvet cake is dye free. Honestly this pistachio bundt cake doesn’t really need it but I couldn’t resist for the photo shoot! The pudding in the cake makes it incredibly moist and the green makes it a go to when you want to surprise your guests.
The top two and bottom photos are property of Christa Kimble Photography.
If you would like to share any of the photos, please credit Cotton & Brass.
This recipe was adapted from Smitten Kitchen’s Best Yellow Layer Cake and Just a Pinch’s My Saint Patrick’s Pistachio Bundt Cake
• 4 cups cake flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 2 packages (or 6.8 oz.) of instant pistachio pudding
• 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
• 2 cups sugar
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 3 – 6 drops green food coloring (optional)
• 4 large eggs, at room temperature
• 2 cups buttermilk
• 1/4 cup powdered sugar
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter bundt cake pan or use cooking spray.
• Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pudding mix and set aside
• In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, and food coloring* together until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time beating for at least 30 seconds in between.
• At low speed beat in buttermilk, don’t fret if the mixture looks curdled. Slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined.
• Fill the bundt cake pan and spread evenly. Bake for 45 – 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes then flip onto a plate. Let cool completely then sift powdered sugar over top. ENJOY!
* Don’t wait to add the food coloring like I did the first time. You will want to do it right away so that it mixes in with the ingredients evenly.