Day 10: Relax
With all the hustle and bustle preparing for the holidays it can be hard to find a moment to sit down. Once the gifts are wrapped and the cookies are baked, why not take a moment to enjoy a quiet night at home before the festivities begin tomorrow. Here are some of my favorite ways to wind down during the busy holiday season.
- WATCH / White Christmas: One of my very favorite holiday movies. Nothing beat’s Bing Crosby’s rendition of White Christmas.
- LISTEN / She & Him – A Very She & Him Christmas: I love classic Christmas albums, but if you are looking for something more ‘now’, try A Very She & Him Christmas.
- READ / Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris: Since Holidays on Ice is short stories, it’s easy to sit down and read one or two with a hot drink.
- BATH / Make Bath Teas: Or if you don’t have loose tea ingredients, why not just throw a few of your favorite spicy tea bags in the bath with you for an instant and inexpensive fragrant bath.
- INDULGE / DIY Mud Mask: With ingredients from a natural grocery store, you can make an indulgent face mask.
- NAILS / Tinsel Manicure: I’m terrible at nail art, but I would love to try this festive manicure.
- SAVORY / Roasted Tomato Soup with Broiled Cheddar: Try this grown up spin on a cold weather classic. Make sure to make them in oven safe mugs.
- SWEET / Easy Peppermint Bark: Quick and no need to be pretty. Use up some of the candy canes you have collected this season and make some decadent peppermint bark just for you.
- DRINK / Hot Buttered Bourbon: This sounds about as close to Butter Beer as it gets. Certainly indulgent and guaranteed to warm you from the inside out.